Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Penelope Lyla Banks



SHE'S HERE!

Penelope Lyla Banks
Born: May 25th, approx. 5:14pm
Weighed: 8 lbs 4 oz
Length: 21 inches




Happy Mom and Dad!


Happy Mom- I'm finally done!



Labor Story

I'm going to make this brief for now since it's killing me to sit here (but I'm so tired of laying down too!)

Labor really started at 3am May 25th.   So I was in labor for 14 hours!  
My midwife came at 7:30am and checked me- I was dialated to a 4, but stretched easy to a 5.  GREAT!  We thought for sure it wouldn't be long.......
5 hours later.... no progress!

WHAT!  My midwife decided to leave and come back when things changed (my contractions got stronger and closer and/or I felt pressure in my butt :) )

I cried so hard after she left... 

Labor picked up not to long after she left, but I was afraid to tell her to come thinking it could still be awhile...

Well, I finally told Nathan to call her.  I was pushing at this point and she was about 30 minutes away.

I thought, well maybe I just need to poop, so I went in to the bathroom to try and I did, but Nathan was like, "Um, I think we should get you to the bed"  so he held my hands and I waddled to the bedroom.  Didn't make it to the bed!  I was standing next to the bed (thankfully over some pads to catch all the fluids) I was pushing and Nathan's like "What do you want me to do? Do you want to lean on me?"  I said, "NO!  Catch!"  Two pushes later out came Penelope and Nathan barely caught her!  He was trying to get the midwife on the phone to direct him on what to do at the same time screaming for my mom.  Let me tell you, they come out a lot faster when you're standing (or squatting)!  I'm paying for it now though.  3 stitches (not horrible) and terrible hemerroids (like you all want to know that! :) )  It hurts to stand, sit, move and I'm tired of laying in bed....

So, as of right now, we are done having children....

Oh, the midwife walked in like 5 minutes after she came out.  So it wasn't bad.   And my mom walked in right when Nathan was catching her.   To me, that was the most awesome and coolest part.  I don't think that image will ever leave my head!  
Anyway, I will add more details later... I'm dying sitting here!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! What a crazy birth story! That's cool that Nathan caught her. Is the midwife going to give you a discount? :P

Sarah said...

P.S. She's adorable! Congratulations! :-D

andrea wardle said...

Congratulations! What a great birth story... and she's a beautiful girl!

Jschmalle said...

That is so awesome! Congrats on a healthy and beautiful baby girl.

Beth said...

Congratulations! Your kids are growing so fast. Crazy birth story! I would be freaking out.

Diagnose Rachel said...

So sorry about the 'roids. I had them bad on #3 to. Labor was easy compaired to the hemheroids. Grant said he could tell when they hurt more, cause I would get angry. " 'roid rage" he called it. I couldn't sit for a long time...but now I can't remember what I did that helped....
laying down all the time!
maxi pads soaked in witch hazel, frozen. OH THEY FELT GOOD! I had a whole stack of them next to the ice cream! (and yes it was one time use !)

Hope you get help sooner to calm them down!

Diagnose Rachel said...

And she is beautiful! Love the name, that was my secret name, Penelope! :)
Huge congrats to your great job at another labor, another great home birth!

Sarah Junsay said...

Oh Ambular--you kill me!!! I love how brutally honest you are! I vomited & laughed at the same time! And PENNY BANKS!!! You guys are too much! I thought Robin Banks was great, but Penny...ah priceless!!!!!
So the roids! You HAVE to do get a sitz bath (a bowl thing you put on your toilet and you sit in warm water). You can get it at any pharmacy (or ask your midwife). It lessened the amount of time I had them and eased discomfort. Yes, they are by far way worse than labor!!!!
I miss you guys. So happy for sweet little Penny.

Julie and Mike Wood said...

Congratulations Amber! You are a trooper. Penny is adorable! I can't believe how late she came.. I was hoping that weekend of Stake Conference for you!!!

Lina said...

It was so great to see you last weekend. Thank you! Hope the first week with your cute little girl is going well. Good luck with the move!!! I wish you didn't have to move to that hard to pronounce (and spell) town. I wish you'd come back here instead. Miss you guys!

Sarah said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Sarah from the San Lorenzo ward. Sarah Junsay told me you folks had baby #3 and I wanted to say way to go! Especially with the homebirth. I love it. Our 2nd son is almost a year and I gave birth at home too (my midwife got their 15 minutes before he was born...I was almost pushing as she walked in...nice). I was also standing, but luckily, she got there in time to kind of "ease" things a bit, even though I still had some stitches.. I just wanted to say you rock doing the homebirth. It's an amazing experience. Congratulations on such a beautiful baby.